Time: 1 hour
Ingredients for 6:
Ground meat (beef or pork) 500g
Onion 2 pcs
Carrot 🥕 4 pcs
Potato 🥔 5 pcs
Japanese curry roux 120g (1/2 from 240g package)
Cooking oil 3 tbsp
Worcestershire sauce 3 tbsp
Tomato paste 3 tbsp
Sugar 2 tbsp
Black pepper and salt
- Heat your pressure cooker pot,
when it is hot, pour oil.
Medium heat, throw in onion, stir about 1-2 minutes then set it to the side, to allow space for the ground meat.
- Add ground meat, break it into pieces.
When it’s half brown, mixed it with onions.
- When the meat is brown, add in carrots and potatoes.
- Pour 1 liter hot water, then cover and lock the lid. Set the heat to high.
- Cook on high heat until high pressure is reached. Then reduce the heat to low.
- Continue cooking for about 20 minutes and turn off the heat.
- When all of the pressure has been released, remove the lid carefully.
- Add in the curry roux blocks, use spatula to break it. Stir and it’ll dissolve. The soup will get thick.
- Season it with Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, sugar, salt and pepper.
- It’s ready, serve with steamy rice 🍚
Add the curry roux after it’s cooked, not before the pressure cooking.
I use hot flavor curry roux, if you don’t like spicy, you can choose the mild and medium hot flavors.
While waiting for the curry, cook rice (best use the rice cooker), so rice is ready when the curry is done.
You can freeze leftover curry. Make sure it’s cold before you freeze it.
Simply delicious Japanese curry rice! 🍛
Gute Appetit 👍
PS: If you try this at home please send me photos 👩🍳👨🍳 😊Thanks.
2 Replies to “SIMPLE JAPANESE CURRY RICE 🍛”
Thank you for the simple and tasteful recipe!
I tried it today and everyone in the family liked it.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures…
All the best to you,
Thanks Dirk 🤗
I’m very happy you and your family enjoy it.
Happy Sunday 😊